Dominic Calvert-Lewin is taking 'big steps', says Everton manager Ronald Koeman

Ronald Koeman manager of Southampton and Eddie Howe Manager of Bournemouth greet prior to the Barclays Premier League match between A.F.C. Bournemouth and Southampton at Vitality Stadium

Ronald Koeman manager of Southampton and Eddie Howe Manager of Bournemouth greet prior to the Barclays Premier League match between A.F.C. Bournemouth and Southampton at Vitality Stadium

So a run of four defeats on the trot before Wednesday's Carabao Cup victory over Sunderland is not going to worry Koeman too much ahead of today's clash with Bournemouth. Good performances usually bring winning games.

Eddie Howe was delighted to get the win over BrightonWhat time is kick-off?

Ronald Koeman has confirmed that Oumar Niasse is in his thoughts to feature against Bournemouth following his first senior goal for Everton on Wednesday.

Koeman, whose side are 18th in the table and suffered their fourth straight loss in all competitions when they were beaten by United, added that what he regarded as realistic was "the same as last season", when Everton came seventh.

Premier League sack race odds: Which manager will be next to leave? I know what we are, I know the way to be successful, it's ridiculous to put a lot of pressure by saying we need to finish by the top four, that's ridiculous, everybody has signed new players and strengthened. That doesn't mean we don't have ambition.

"I think they're a strong side".

"I think the quality that they've recruited, they're a very good football team, they've got some really good footballers in their team".

The ball was worked from Vlasic, via Davy Klaassen, to Calvert-Lewin, who showed nice footwork as he kept his composure in the box amid a clutch of Sunderland players to slot past Steele.

"Yannick and Seamus are both working hard, going in the right direction, but it's long-term injuries".

"Let's hope it will be a positive turning point, what we need", the Everton manager told Sky Sports on the win over the Black Cats.

Barry left Goodison Park for West Bromwich Albion towards the end of the transfer window and will break Ryan Giggs' Premier League appearance record when, as expected, he lines up for the Baggies against Arsenal on Monday evening to play his 633rd game. Wayne Rooney could make his 400th Premier League start.

Koeman is likely to shuffle his options up front, which may see Wayne Rooney rested, with summer signing Sandro Ramirez still searching for his first goal since joining from Malaga.

Though the youngster was a starter during the first game of the season, he was demoted to the bench during the club's last three games. SAM's verdictMost probable score: 1-0Probability of draw: 24%Probability of home win: 59%Probability of away win: 17%.

Recommended News

  • US, South Korea, China and Russian Federation stage military drills near the North

    Although Russia has much less influence over North Korea than China does, it remains a dark horse on the Korean Peninsula. The former wants North Korean military threats resolved by any means necessary, up to and including force if necessary.
    Cowboys' Elliott will play at least 2 more games

    Cowboys' Elliott will play at least 2 more games

    He was suspended by the league for violating its domestic violence policy after an ex-girlfriend claimed he abused her. Earlier in the week, Judge Mazzant denied the league's request to the district court under the same premise.
    Federal government: CT  a target of election hacking

    Federal government: CT a target of election hacking

    After his win, Trump created a commission headed by Vice President Mike Pence to investigate voter fraud nationwide. Meanwhile, the state is moving ahead with implementing a new election security plan by early 2018.
  • Iran vows to boost missile defenses despite U.S.  criticism

    Iran vows to boost missile defenses despite U.S. criticism

    Iranian officials have argued that the measure only applies to missiles specifically created to carry nuclear warheads. Whether you like it or not we are going to help Syria, Yemen and Palestine, and we will strengthen our missiles".
    The iPhone 8 launch in London was... muted

    The iPhone 8 launch in London was... muted

    If you head out to an Apple Store to pickup any of the company's newest products, let us know what you see down in the comments. Flappy Bird is just one of many 32-bit iPhone games that users who update to iOS 11 won't be able to play anymore .
    Trump and Kim call each other mad

    Trump and Kim call each other mad

    Deputy Prime Minister Barnaby Joyce has called North Korea's decision to test a hydrogen bomb in the Pacific Ocean a "crazy" idea. In a one-and-only such test in 1962, the USA launched a nuclear-tipped ballistic missile from a submerged submarine.
  • Young Fan Injured by Foul Ball at Yankee Stadium

    Young Fan Injured by Foul Ball at Yankee Stadium

    When asked whether she would need surgery, the girl's father, who declined to give his name, said: "It's too early to tell". Pressure came from Phillies players a year ago , after Freddy Galvis struck a young girl in the face with a foul ball.
    Donations sought for hurricane-damage in the US Virgin Islands

    Donations sought for hurricane-damage in the US Virgin Islands

    Then she arranged for the animals to be taken to shelters or other rescue groups, or to be adopted into new families. In addition to rescue groups, local high schoolers organized to help Gear's mission.
    Bibb students will have to make up two days for Irma

    Bibb students will have to make up two days for Irma

    The Florida Department of Education has waived two days of student make-up time and the SJCSD has also waived two days. With the exception of one school, all others have sufficient time built-in to their schedules to offset the lost days.
  • Myanmar bars UN from investigating Rohingya atrocities in Rakhine

    Myanmar bars UN from investigating Rohingya atrocities in Rakhine

    Ms Suu Kyi is banned from the presidency by the military-drafted constitution because her children have British citizenship. SULLIVAN: Suu Kyi insisted today that the military's so-called clearance operations have been over for a week now.
    Warriors coach Steve Kerr: 'I think we'll be better this year'

    Warriors coach Steve Kerr: 'I think we'll be better this year'

    I don't agree with what he agrees with, so my voice is going to be heard by not doing that. "I haven't ate. He already said earlier in the summer he didn't want to make the visit.
    Russian Foreign Minister accuses Trump of 'demonizing' North Korea in United Nations  speech

    Russian Foreign Minister accuses Trump of 'demonizing' North Korea in United Nations speech

    On October 15, Trump is due to tell the US Congress whether he is ready to re-certify Iran's compliance with the 2015 deal. During his election campaign, Trump had threatened to "tear up" the deal.

We are pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news.
Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere in the site or in the newspaper.
Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.